Another late night for the week, this night was the night to sort out the home and contents insurance and I can tell you this, we saved more money on home and contents again.
The time had come again to update our home and contents insurance again and we have been with AAMI pretty much for everything for a while now.
So what we have been doing to save money on insurance is going online and doing our policy renewal there.
This is rather than the normal for most, including us in the past, of just paying it when it comes in.
The process for our insurance renewal is;
- Home and Contents Policy Renewal comes in
- We wait until the night it is due
- Find out what we paid for the Home and Contents Insurance last year
- Redo the Home and Contents Insurance at AAMI online
- Make sure the amounts being insured are correct and cover all we need
- Compare the price which is usually $100 or more cheaper
- Pay the Home and Contents Insurance
This year we saved again, I won’t give you the full amounts but a general run down of the savings from not just paying the insurance bills as they come in.
The insurance policy went up around $60 from what it was last year, when I got the insurance quote from the AAMI website the price ended up being lower than the price we paid last year if this makes sense.
So in the end we paid less than we did last year and also saved more that $100 on this amount.
So lucky we went with AAMI again and saved more money on our home and contents insurance by getting a new quote on the AAMI website.
I realise everybody is different so make sure you read everything fully and take into consideration the terms and conditions, the way I see it, if your saving money on these things by doing something so simple as renewing your home and contents online you might as well go for it.